Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy All Saints Day!

  From Nicol's Desk:
   Happy All Saints Day! We hope everyone had a great and safe evening(All Hallows Eve) Today is the real reason to celebrate. What a great day to remember all the Saints that are recognized in the Church and those who are unknown who died for their faith and love for Christ selflessly. As the day has unfolded I have been thinking about this great feast day. It dawned on me that I should send out texts to those people in my life that I value and thank them for constantly encouraging me to seek Christ and to become a better person. Why you might ask? We as the Body of Christ are all called to be saints, but we cannot be saints on our own. Without my brothers and sisters, I could not seek after Christ, His heart, and the Church daily. I know that I am a weak individual and need my brothers and sisters encouragement. What is the definition of a saint? 
  " A Saint is a Sinner that keeps on trying."
  Think of people in your life that have impacted you and brought you closer to Jesus. Send them something encouraging, who knows they may need the encouragement this time. We are all running the race together!  So from the Lumen office, we thank you for your prayers and constant encouragement. ~ Nicol from the Lumen Crew.

"Therefore since we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and the perfecter of faith." ~ Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment