Friday, September 16, 2011

Can You Detach?

Joke of the Day from Mother Angelica: 

Pat had been hitting the bottle once again. Father(the priest) sat down with Pat to have a talk. Father took out 2 glasses, he filled one with water and the other with Whiskey. He then took out a worm and he put the worm in the glass of water. The worm swam around as happy as can be. Father then took the worm and placed it in the glass of whiskey and it died almost instantly. Father then turned to Pat and said...
Priest : "Do you get what I am trying to tell you here?"
Pat replied in an Irish Accent: " Aye Father, if you drink whiskey you won't have any worms."

Poor Worm
Written by a guest Blogger today Ally Lynch Pirrung:
"For we brought nothing into the world, just as we shall not be able to take anything out of it." 1 Tim 6:2c - 12 Detachment has been the topic for today. The scripture quote from Timothy pin points the reasoning for why we should be totally detached from everything.  I would like to share an example of detachment.

   I was altar serving for a funeral one morning.  The hospitality president came to me and gave me an envelop.  She explained that it was from the family and they wanted to say thank you.  When I returned home I opened the envelop and found a substantial amount of money.  I was dumbfounded at the amount of money she had given me.   I began thinking about getting new glasses, school books, cloths for fall that I would be able to get out of this money.  However, in the council of my mother, I was going to call the hospitality lady back just to make sure that the money was in deed for me.   As I reached for the phone, it rang.  It was the hospitality lady calling me and explaining to me that it was a mistake in giving me the envelop.  She asked that I return the money and was coming to pick it up later that evening.  I hung up the phone disappointed, but at the same time liberated.  I found God in the situation and thanked Him for helping me to let go of my will and hold tighter to His. 



Updates: 
1. We are continuing to stay in our office space, until we hear differently.
2. On Monday, we realized we needed $12,000 in order to render the movie in a timely fashion. We humanly did not know how to come up with $12,000 so we entered into deep prayer and turned it over to our Lord. On Tuesday afternoon, our prayers were answered and a generous donor is helping to provide the money to order the 2 computers we need! GOD IS GREAT!
3.  We now have less than 15 seconds of animation left for Skiff and AJ's Fantasitc Voyage! 

We thank you for your continuous support and prayers! Don't forget to spread the news around about Lumen Entertainment. Have a great weekend and don't forget to enjoy some Cubano Coffee :) ~Lumen Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment